Information Security Expert at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Computer & Network Security
Eyal Estrin's Overview
3 people have recommended Eyal
Eyal Estrin's Summary
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), CompTIA Security+, Trend Micro Certified Security Expert (TCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Specialties: Microsoft operating systems, server hardening, content application software, web application firewalls, VBScript, WMI, ADSI
Eyal Estrin's Experience
Information Security Expert
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TEVA; Pharmaceuticals industry
March 2012 – Present (1 year 4 months)
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; EMC; Computer & Network Security industry
October 2009 – Present (3 years 9 months)
• Publishing hardening guides for Unix platform (Tomcat, Apache,
Lighttpd, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, WordPress, VSFTP)
• Publishing hardening guides for Windows platform (IIS7.5,
• Publishing hardening guides for network devices (Cisco Switch, router, firewall)
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
April 2011 – March 2012 (1 year)
Supporting the development – Managing development team, maintaining labs containing Linux, firewalls, switches, SSL VPN and various content related applications (basic configuration, backup and restore).
Security System Engineer
Computer & Network Security industry
June 2010 – March 2012 (1 year 10 months)
• Outsourcing at customer site (security and system)
• Data Leakage - Websense DLP
• OTP – SafeNet TMS2/SAM8
• Content – SafeNet eSafe
• Firewalls – CheckPoint (rule management, backup/restore)
• Server virtualization – VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V
Microsoft and Information Security Expert
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; lpsn; Computer Software industry
April 2008 – September 2009 (1 year 6 months)
• Managing 350+ production servers in remote hosting services (installation, configuration, hardening and monitoring)
• Planning and implementing hardening policies for operating systems (Windows, Solaris, RHEL) and web servers (IIS, JBOSS).
• Experience with HP ProLiant and SunFire x86 servers.
• Working with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Deployment services (WDS)
• Writing technical procedures and security policies.
Senior Security Specialist
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer & Network Security industry
November 2005 – April 2008 (2 years 6 months)
• Writing company security policies.
• Performing risk analysis according to customers request.
• Antivirus for gateways – TrendMicro IMSS, IWSS
• Antispam – Symantec Brightmail, Symantec Mail Security for SMTP
• Content – ClearSwift MimeSweeper for SMTP
• Working with RedHat Enterprise Linux 3
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DOX; Telecommunications industry
July 2000 – October 2005 (5 years 4 months)
Working and maintaining Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 and XP
Performing security audit on servers using NetIQ Security Manager.
Working with Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory.
Experience in server hardening (WinNT4, Win2k, Win2003, IIS and SQL).
Writing server installation scripts (Vbscript, WMI, and ADSI).
Working in multiple server environments (400+) with 9000+ end-users.
Supporting users' world-wide, including customers' sites outside Israel.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; HPQ; Information Technology and Services industry
1998 – 2000 (2 years)
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry
1996 – 1998 (2 years)
Eyal Estrin's Skills & Expertise
Eyal Estrin's Education
RHCE, Red Hat Certified Engineer
2012 – 2013
CCNA, Cisco Certified Network Associate
2010 – 2010
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
2008 – 2008
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
2008 – 2008
CISA, Certified Information Systems Auditor
Certified Ethical Hacker, Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
CISSP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional
2004 – 2004
Eyal Estrin's Additional Information